Cool Milk Survey Results
As part of our on-going commitment to listening to our customers and to ensure that we are performing to the standards we set, the company has carried out numerous surveys over the last year to monitor customer satisfaction with our services.
Year on year we have undertaken various customer satisfaction surveys which were sent out to all our settings and parents across our database. We wanted to find out how satisfied our customers are with the services we provide. In addition to this we wanted to know more about what you expect from us and what you think about the improvements we have already made in the last 12 months to make your experience with us better and easier.
Of the 28,863 settings who were surveyed, 5,307 of them responded giving an overall return rate of 18.38% and 12,937 parents responded to their survey from 112,000 surveyed giving a return rate of 11.55%. Below are some of the headline messages:
of settings are satisfied with the service provided by Cool Milk the last time they contacted us giving a score of 6 and above
of customers are satisfied with the quality of the service
of settings are satisfied with their deliveries and quality of packaging
of settings are satisfied with the way we keep them informed
of settings feel that the promotional material is effective in encouraging children to drink milk
of all customers feel we treat them fairly and without prejudice
of parents are satisfied with the service provided by Cool Milk the last time they contacted us giving a score of 6 and above
of parents have been a customer of Cool Milk for at least 6 months
of our customers are loyal to Cool Milk with over 51% being extremely loyal
of parents rate the quality of the website for payments as high or very high quality with 81.8% finding the parent payment system extremely or very convenient to use
of nursery settings like most the fact that our service is easy, reliable and free
Over 51% of nurseries like everything about our service but 24% are dissatisfied with the delivery times
The overall increase in satisfaction experienced by customers has remained consistent with 2014 with the percentage of rating 6 and over being 94.11%.
Parents rated us 95.47% (up from last year of 92.72%) and settings 92.76% (down slightly from last year of 93.18%) where the rating was 6 and over.
We can see from the performance stats for 2015 against 2014 that although there has been a gain in most areas, there has been a drop in our approach to quality of the website and literature by 2.76% from settings and 0.55% on the ease of use of the website from parents.
Analysis of the results of quality of the website and literature has noted 78 of our customers giving a rating of 3 or below and these are being dealt with individually by our Retentions team. With regards to the ease of use of the website we note that 238 parents rated this 3 or below and this is being dealt with by new changes to the website during 2016.
Following on from last year’s concerns from all customers with regards to how fairly we treat our customers and consistency of deliveries and we have seen an increase of 2.16% and 7.08% respectively this year.
This, the most significant increases have been against the milk deliveries in terms of consistency of time of deliveries and quality of the products.
This has been put down to the extensive work carried out by Operations, Procurement and IT by improving:
- Transmission of Purchase Orders to many dairies through EDI
- Stringent new weekly and management performance figures for dairies
- Review meetings with dairies by Procurement to discuss issues and get resolutions
- Operations working to obtain better delivery instructions for new settings pre go-live
- Detailed return dates of every setting to dairies so that routes and production can be managed more effectively
- Improved tutorials for settings on completing their online calendars
- More calendar reminders to settings at key points during the year e.g. half term and end of term to ensure information is up to day
Customers also told us that…
- They were overall very happy with the calendar website but would appreciate a few changes to make it even easier to use e.g. being able to quickly amend dates backwards
- Parents believe that mid-morning milk is an important part of their child’s daily school routine
- They are very pleased to have a new team at Cool Milk who helps schools and parents to promote milk entitlement for all children up to the age of 18
- They still like the September registration form pack but prefer the overall reduction in administration for them with the new “Bulk Upload” much more helpful with more than 99% “Right First Time” processing turn round for September
- Hundreds of schools and many LA’s found the work we did with them during the legislation changes very helpful in guiding them through the red tape in an unbiased and informative way
- 86% of settings still find the Cool Milk drinking list ‘helpful’. This is a very powerful tool that Cool Milk can use as it illustrates schools appreciation for the help with admin and easy distribution of milk